Sunday 1 January 2017

Looking forward

Well I nearly made it through to 2017.  Christmas was great.  How lovely to enjoy it feeling good!  What a revelation.  I survived family parties and other events.  It was not that hard.  But I did slip up a couple of times.  It was the quiet nights that got me.
  So here I go again.  Wendy (Tipsy no more) is a great advocate of telling everyone and enlisting support.  I've not had the courage to do this, but with it being "Dry January" I have the perfect "excuse".  I'm also going to blog a lot more to keep me focussed  and will reach out for the support of the fabulous sobersphere.
This is going to happen!
Happy New Year.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are reaching out!
    It helps me stay accountable, motivated, and connected to other people!
    Welcome to your wonderful New Year!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Wendy. You're so right. Drinking makes you feel lonely and sneaky. Not drinking frees up a lot of time for other things and other people. This year getting involved is going to be very positive.

    ReplyDelete