Tuesday 13 December 2016

Not what I was hoping for!

Last Thursday I was more tired than I could imagine.  I know others have written about the unbelievable fatigue of the first few weeks, but that was crazy.  So a 7pm bedtime had to happen.  Friday morning I had a sore throat.  By the afternoon I felt dreadful, but as I was at work, just kept going until I could get home.  Another early night, but Saturday morning I had a high temperature and could hardly get out of bed.
 By Sunday I felt a bit better and took it easyish. I'm hardly ever ill, so this is not usual.  (Amazing how you have to function with a hangover, so this was bad!)
Monday, went to work.  By the end of the day I couldn't get home and in to bed quickly enough with a high temperature etc.  This has knocked me for six, because it is not flu, it's just a cold that usually I would shake off with a couple of painkillers.    Maybe my body just can't do everything at once- detox and fight viruses.
Today I'm feeling a bit better and am trying to have an easy day.  I have been trying to say no to things, but finally my body rather than my mind has said no.
Going forward, mind and body are going to have to work together to say no to alcohol and realise they will both benefit.
I had been hoping for a great weekend, relaxed, full of energy and getting things done.  Maybe next weekend.

2 comments:

  1. The one thing I know is, life goes by fast.
    I don't have time to deal with a hangover, and now that I am older, even less time!
    I hope you are feeling better.
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds rough. Hope you are feeling better now. Xx

    ReplyDelete