Tuesday 3 January 2017

Awakening

Yesterday was a good day.  Tonnes of washing went through the machine (how do teenagers create sooo much), half the kitchen cupboards were cleaned out, read lots of blogs, tried to comment on some, but not all seemed to post, and a lovely walk in the sunshine all before midday.
 The afternoon was less productive and I was exhausted by the evening, but no desire to drink, but took myself off to bed early.
It's freezing cold here this morning, but have been up doing chores from 6.30 and am now heading out for a brisk walk in the frost before working from home for the rest of the morning.
Feeling positive.
 From reading lots of sober blogs it is clear that too many bloggers look after everyone but themselves.  I know that having fought hard to put more balance in my life, at the end of last year, when I, like everyone else was exhausted, I took on others' workloads when they were ill, just to help out.  This meant I took my eye off the ball.  So this year I will be more vigilant.  Nothing will stop me going all out for work, family etc,  but I need to be on my guard and look after myself better.  I've even checked out doable yoga classes.  After seeing how stiff my dear old mum is, it's time to loosen up and regain my spirit!

3 comments:

  1. I think this is especially true for women.
    I know I threw myself into teaching and spent hours on weekends and nights on school things, but I never took time to take a bath, or even meet some friends, as I was always working.
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling. I have been out for coffee with a friend twice in the past ten years just for myself and those were both in the last two months, so that's progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling. I have been out for coffee with a friend twice in the past ten years just for myself and those were both in the last two months, so that's progress!

    ReplyDelete