Wednesday 4 January 2017

Pilates

I've had a busy couple of days with lots of new things.  Today I went to my first pilates class.  It was very friendly.  There were only two new people.  The instructor asked the other lady her name and whether or not she had done pilates before or not.  Then she turned to me.  To hurry things along I just said, "I'm mynewway and Ihaven't done pilates before.  Anothe lovely lady laughed and said what I was thinking.  "You sound like your saying you're an alcoholic!"  This raised some laughter, so I replied jovially, "Well I am, but that's for a different class!  See, I am letting it all out, but I don't think they were aware how close to the bone this was.
On a more positive note I also put 0 units of alcohol per week on the form in answer to the question about current usage.  No lie there, just don't want to have to change the answer later!
This evening is a bit tough, so writing my blog and looking at some others is keeping me busy.  Another early night is on the cards.

6 comments:

  1. I am starting Pilates this month too! I love being able to say 0 to how much you drink questions. I never thought I would be able to be honest about it! Bed was my refuge and saviour in the early days. You are doing great each day. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SP. Thanks for checking into my blog. I left a comment on your blog recently, but it didn't seem to publish, but I find a lot of motivation in reading it. Pilates was great. It didn't seem too hard at all, but I felt the effects later, mainly I felt like I'd done an aerobics class (not my thing), so lots of positives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very happy you are trying pilates!
    It's very challenging!
    Bed and reading helped me!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halloo! I've found you through Un-Tipsy's blog. I'm back in the exhausting early days (although truthfully, I've never managed to get past them). Hoping that Jan 1 is a successful date for the both of us.
    Congratulations on finding an empty pilates class in January!
    SO x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're back! Yes I'm pretty exhausted too, but have periods of great energy. So sleep and pilates are helping towards a calmer and less frazzled me. Hope you're doing well. Keep going. I'm determined to make it through these first weeks.

      Delete