Saturday 4 March 2017

Learning a lot

What I've learnt:
I have to do this my way.
I'm not a natural blogger but without reading other blogs I wouldn't be where I am now.
I'm not perfect and can't do this perfectly. I have had the occasional drink but feel that the real last time is very near because that is absolutely the goal.  I hate to admit I've had a drink, but realise that a lot of bloggers didn't manage it the first time.
I'm, as Sober Mummy says, an all or nothing kind of person, so I have taken to daily exercise-legs bums and tums, running, HIIT, and pilates is not quite for me.   I need to be moving more.
I have cooked a wider variety of new menus for the family than I ever have, and am eating really well.
I'd rather look at recipes on Pinterest than down a load of wine.
I'm calmer and happier, mostly, but so low that I can't report Day 50 or whatever, because despite being sober for a lot of this year, I have had a few off days.
Maybe I should blog more to get me over this bit. I'm 90% there.  I can see the field of bunnies. I've set foot in it, but at the moment I'm on the wrong side of the fence.  I want a big number of days in my blog. I know how I can get there, I just have to stop hitting the self-destruct button when all is going well.

3 comments:

  1. I'm exactly where you are; I'm tempted to start a blog but I don't have the nerve yet, as I keep letting myself down with the drink. I think you write well. It's your voice we hear and that's the way it should be with blogs. Continued good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lia Leon. Thanks for dropping by my blog and the encouragement. I read a lot of blogs before I started mine, and it's great to see how far lots of those people who struggled and failed are now succeeding. I don't know that many of them succeeded first time and no-one's here to judge. Many stories tell of how blogging helped them. I was really nervous, but although I don't blog very regularly, every bit of encouragement really helps. So I say give it a go. You can always stop if it isn't for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to see your post!
    Very few people that I know, just stopped one day.
    I tried before this time, too.
    Blog if it helps you...that's important, and sharing your story!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete